Make a Thrive Pledge
Why a Thrive Pledge?
Making a Thrive Pledge, stating publicly what matters to you, can give you both a focus and a filter for making choices and earth-thriving decisions.
On turning 70, Dorothy Reilly was inspired to make a Thrive Pledge to focus her energy on living within the carrying capacity of our planet, our home. She invites all to join her.
Dorothy Reilly, Southampton, Drawdown East End cofounder
I pledge to...
- Help heal the earth, its inhabitants and myself
- Align my life and choices with nature so it can regenerate and provide resources for a fair, regenerative economy
- Reduce my carbon footprint by 50% by 2030 with the aid of a Personal Climate Action Plan
- Take responsibility for my actions and avoid blaming others
- Speak up for the rights of nature and the natural rights of future generations
- Support local, state and national efforts that honor these rights and this commitment
- Exercise democracy and right to vote
- Create new social norms by sharing my efforts with friends and through social media
- Enjoy the deep satisfaction of imagining and building a shared future
- Be a creative force of nature